Do you remember Fall Summit? Do you remember Tuesday evening? Do you remember Dave Ward preaching from James 5:17-18;
- 17 Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. 18 Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops.
Know that the likeness which your professors share with Elijah is that we are men and women of prayer. Hear your professors, men and women, pray…biblically…for you, the students whom God has entrusted to our care, and for our entire campus.
- We pray for harmony; for unity is the ultimate prayer of Jesus (John 17:11);
- We pray for other-centered minds; for Christ calls us to mimic His model (Phil 2:5-11);
- We pray for servant-like garments; for a basin and towel are the business attire of a Christian leader (John 13);
- We pray for the enlightening of minds; for a Godly solution to this issue will certainly not be conceived by mere mortals (Eph 1:17-23);
- We pray for mutually compatible visions; which like the ones given to Cornelius (Acts 10:1-8) and Peter (Acts 10:9-16) do not make sense without the insight of each being shared communally in submission to God's Will.
- We pray for broken and contrite hearts; otherwise, how will God hear our prayers and heal us (2 Chron 7:14);
- We pray for ears to hear and eyes to see; for blindness to the proceedings of the Kingdom and deafness to the voice of God is the curse of all humanity; even those closest to Him (Mark 4:11-13; 8:17-21);
- We pray for a passion to follow, regardless of the destination, even to Jerusalem and to the cross (Mark 10:52; John 21:18-19);
- We pray for individual and corporate holiness of heart; for in this very process we will make our statement to the world of who we claim to be; may purity of heart reign. (John 17:13-19).
Lord, Hear our Prayers.............
May we corporately “Go with God.”